Office of the Director of National Intelligence
McLean, VA, United States
Clevel, Executive, Manager, Government, 100k
***OPEN UNTIL FILLED: This announcement will be open until the position is filled. Cut off points are scheduled in two-week increments. After each cut off point, all compliant applicants received during the previous two-weeks will be reviewed for consideration.***
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), Chief Management Officer (CMO) has the responsibility and authority for supervising, coordinating, providing guidance, and administering the Director of National Intelligence's (DNI) direction to the ODNI, as well as providing guidance to the ODNI centers. This includes integrating and synchronizing policy, plans, positions, procedures, and cross-functional issues. The CMO is responsible for synchronizing and integrating the ODNI staff to execute all missions and tasks designated by the DNI and the Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence (PDDNI). In addition, the CMO oversees the internal management of the ODNI.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
•The Chief of Staff for ODNI Chief Information Officer (OCIO) leads division programmatic initiatives, daily operations, and collaborates with office leadership to ensure strategic alignment with the mission, goals, and objectives of the OCIO.
• Lead, manage, and oversee personnel, training, budget, contract administration policies and procedures, as well as, information technology, facilities, equipment, and logistics to foster successful achievement of the organization's mission.
• Oversee and facilitate human resources planning and personnel actions and work closely with the COO/Staff Director and ODNI/Human Resources (HR) to plan, implement, and monitor actions and new HR initiatives.
• Manage and coordinate tasking responses, work activities, assignments, and projects internal to the organization, within the ODNI ensuring the effective completion of initiatives and requirements.
• Oversee and manage organizational action processing, standard operating procedures and processes, file maintenance and record-keeping, and morale, welfare, and recreation activities.
• Manage corporate communications ensuring workforce awareness of IC, ODNI, and organizational programs, initiatives, requirements, training, and other opportunities; facilitate two-way communications between workforce and leadership.
• Liaise and maintain effective working relationships with other ODNI Chiefs of Staffs, ODNI components, and within the organization to address issues that span multiple mission or program areas.
• Manage and execute internal business management processes for the organization; ensure management and staff are kept abreast of emerging developments.
• Duties may include supporting and or serving as a Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR)
Minimum Qualifications Required
Mandatory and Educational Requirements
• Superior knowledge of all ODNI Facilities as it relates to IT, numbers of users, and connectivity.
• Superior organizational, managerial, and leadership skills, including ability to effectively manage the professional development of staff employees.
• Experience in formulation and execution of ODNI Enterprise Service Agreements and Service Level Agreements.
• Expert knowledge of the IC and ODNI budgetary process, personnel regulations, contract regulations, and resource allocation policies and procedures.
• Superior strategic and tactical planning, critical thinking, and analytical skills in order to propose innovative solutions and implement change with resourcefulness and creativity.
• Superior ability to coordinate, network, and communicate across the ODNI, IC and U.S. Government agencies.
• Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly convey complex information to audiences of all levels.
• Superior ability to work effectively with teams, build and sustain professional relationships, exert influence effectively at all levels across the ODNI.
• Superior ability to plan, organize, schedule, and prioritize the organizational staff work load.
• Superior ability to establish goals, manage workflow, and identify professional development needs for employees.
• Superior leadership skills and training consistent with organizational direction to develop and value a workforce representing a wide spectrum of diverse background.
• Willingness to obtain COTR/PM level II certification
Applicants from Federal Agencies outside the IC, please visit www.dni.gov and search the vacancy number for directions on how to apply to this vacancy.
What To Expect Next
The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We expect to make a selection within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. Due to the large number of applications received, applicants will be contacted ONLY if they have been selected for an interview.
The ODNI is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: The ODNI provides reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities. IF YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Intelligence Community Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Office Representative by classified email at DNI_COO_TM_EEOD_RA_WMA@cia.ic.gov, by unclassified email at DNI-EEOD_WMA@cia.ic.gov, by telephone at 301-243-0704 or by FAX at 301-243-1200. Your request for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE EEOD EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS EMAIL IS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE 'HOW TO APPLY' SECTION ABOVE.
Job Interview Travel: Candidates from outside the Washington, D.C., area may be selected for a telephone, teleconference, or in-person interview. If selected for an in-person interview, any travel or lodging will be at the applicant's personal expense.
How to Apply
1. IC employees must apply by the vacancy close date. The IC employee application should include the following...
a. A brief (two-page limit) candidate resume or biographical summary.
b. A short narrative describing the applicant's qualifications (general and specific) for the joint duty rotational assignment.
2. Consistent with IC Standard 601-1, IC employees must be nominated by their employing (home) element within 10 days of the vacancy close date in order to be considered by the gaining element. Please contact your employing element's Joint Duty Program Office for nomination procedures as some agencies may require written supervisory endorsement at the time of application. IC Element Joint Duty Program Office contact info can be found at: https://ichas.dni.ic.gov/JDAT/Contacts.aspx. Any application sent directly by an IC employee to the gaining element will not be considered.
Vacancy Open Date
Vacancy Close Date
ODNI Recruitment Team A
Enterprise Management & Support
Additional Grades Considered
Tour Length (months)
Security Clearance Required
Polygraph Level Required
Office of the Director of National Intelligence
Website : http://www.dni.gov