Port Royal, SC, United States
Executive, Healthcare, Manager, Nursing
Must have LPN or RN license in the state of South Carolina:
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is organized, friendly, energetic and can effectively multi-task. Assistant Directors of Nursing (ADONs) should be able to manage staff, make decisions independently and be able to accurately document as needed. Candidates must be comfortable hiring, evaluating and terminating employees as needed. ADONs must be dedicated to staying informed on state, federal, nursing and OSHA regulations as well as all company policies and procedures. Candidates should be able to evaluate, perform and adjust resident care as needed. You must be able to work with various departments and personalities. This position will report to the Director of Nursing and by applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being of our residents.
Essential Job Functions::
As Assistant Director of Nursing for a Grace Management Services facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions as demonstrated by the ability to:
* Follow established performance standards and perform duties according to nursing service policies and procedures. Assume accountability for the development, organization, and implementation of approved policies and procedures as assigned.
* Assume Director of Nursing position when Director of Nursing is unavailable.
* Direct, evaluate, and supervise all resident care and initiate corrective action as necessary.
* Assess resident care needs and assist in the development of individualized plans of resident care.
* Assess resident need and then make recommendations for special rehabilitation programs.
* Evaluate resident care as related to individualized resident needs, family involvement, and the physician’s plan of care for the resident.
* Report problems to the Director of Nursing or Facility Administrator and conduct daily resident rounds and initiate corrective action as necessary.
* Document management reports, audits, and special assignments, adhere to established time schedules.
* Direct implementation of “Resident Bill of Rights”.
* Conduct staff meetings with all shifts for purposes of planning, coordinating, and implementing nursing service policies and procedures.
* Assist with completion of daily documentation and follow up as assigned.
* Take inquiries for resident placement as assigned by the administrator and initiate procedures for proper placement or residents and level of care determinations as assigned.
* Participate in resident care conferences as needed.
* Assess resident responses to medication and treatments and make appropriate recommendations.
* Direct and implement nursing service educational programs including, but not limited to, orientation and in-service for licensed and unlicensed personnel.
* Coordinate resident admissions, transfers, and discharges, and communicate with discharge coordinators and social
* Establish good public relations with hospital discharge coordinators and social service consultants.
* Perform other related duties as directed by the Director of Nursing or the Administrator.
* All candidates must be proficient in basic computer programs and must be able to correspond timely through e-mail or other forms of technical communication as needed to successfully complete the requirements for this job. Employees are required to complete monthly on-line education courses to keep our team members knowledgeable on the latest information and regulations. By completing the application for this position, you acknowledge that you feel comfortable meeting these qualifications.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Individuals may be required to:
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
* Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
* Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to read and write the English language.
* Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
To view the entire job description, please click here.
Website : http://www.uhcc.com/