Georgetown University Hospital
Kansas City, MO, United States
Healthcare, Nursing, Executive, Manager
Role and Responsibilities::
* Work cooperatively with leadership in planning programs to identify and meet training needs and regulatory requirements. Maintains appropriate attendance documentation for training sessions. Evaluate in-service training to develop programs that maintain and enhance nursing employee’s clinical skills.
* Ensure HEP-B, TB, Background Checks and Drug Screenings are completed and properly managed for facility.
* Maintains files of lesson plans for all programs taught to employees and ensures training records are retained per company retention policies. Communicates availability of learning opportunities whether on-site, online and external
* Coordinates general orientation for all new employees beginning the first day of employment; updates general orientation as necessary, utilizing corporate orientation guidelines
* Implements education for new initiatives, areas identified in plans of correction, changes in policies or regulatory requirements, and other programs as needed.
* Attend daily stand-up and clinical start-up meetings. Participate with DON in staffing meetings as needed.
* Coordinate site approval and clinical rotation for nursing students (ie, schedule for students, develop ongoing relationship with local schools).
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications adn Education Requirements::
* Licensed RN in good standing required.
* Must hold and maintain a current CPR certification.
* Minimum three (3) years full-time nursing experience.
* Experience in long term healthcare, preferred.
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including email; ability to learn company software systems.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Remain current on training and instructional methodologies, including applicable technology resources available.
* Self-motivated, organized, detailed oriented and require minimal supervision.
* Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, and to meet simultaneous deadlines.
* Knowledge of state, federal and licensing regulations.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient, employee, and company proprietary information.
Georgetown University Hospital
Website : http://www.georgetownuniversityhospital.org/
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. MedStar Georgetown's centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.