Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Houston, TX, United States
Executive, Manager, Facilities, Healthcare
The Regional Director of Facilities Management-East Region, will have oversight of 14 Belmont Village Senior Living communities throughout Texas, TN, Atlanta, GA, Louisville, KY and Chicago, IL. This position will require extensive travel. The ideal candidate will have prior facilities management experience in senior living, healthcare or a related field and will reside in an area where a Belmont Village community is located.
Belmont Village Senior Living is proud to be named 15th Best Workplace in Aging Services out of the top 50 senior care providers nationwide by Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work, thanks to the dedication of our communities and corporate team.
The position is responsible for asset management and oversight of facility maintenance working with the on-site Building Engineers to maintain the structural quality, appearance, safety and regulatory compliance functions of Belmont Village facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Conduct quarterly inspections of specific properties and issue written reports on their condition. Follow-up to insure that all deficiencies have been corrected.
* Assist Building Engineers in resolving complex repair issues in the most cost effective way.
* Assist in reviewing monthly repair and maintenance expenses for variances. Investigate any significant variances and report to the National Director of Facilities Management (NDFM).
* Work together with NDFM on national repair and maintenance contracts where applicable.
* Review and approve utility invoices and investigate any unusual variances.
* Assist Building Engineers in sourcing local contractors and vendors, and in negotiating all local repair and maintenance contracts.
* Together with NDFM, maintain and update Building Engineer Manual containing policies and procedures.
* Together with NDFM, assist with the preparation of annual capital expenditure budgets.
* Together with NDFM, assist with the preparation of annual R and M operating expenditure budgets.
* Review actual monthly capital expenditures for any variances.
* Interview, test and train new Building Engineers.
* Together with NDFM, assist in organizing and managing annual Building Engineer Conference and issue meeting notes.
* Together with NDFM conduct monthly Building Engineer conference calls and issue meeting notes.
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% of the time including periodic overnight stays.
* Review and recommend design changes to improve the operation of new projects
* Provide communities additional support in absence of Building Engineer
* Actively communicate health and safety information to Building Engineers and participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities.
* Verify that job specific safety procedures are established
* Train employees in safe work practices
* Verify that routine inspections are conducted by trained personnel and include job task observations
* Conduct timely accident investigations
* All other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE::
* High School or equivalent required
* 5 years experience in Facilities Management
* 4 years Building Engineer experience
* 2 years multi-facility experience
* Strong business experience in the development and oversight of asset and capital expenditure annual budgets
* Proven oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
* Highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated expertise in personal computing including word processing, project management, and spreadsheets
* Ability to effectively manage client, vendor, and user relationships
* Excellent organization skills
* Ability to rapidly embrace change
* Demonstrated project management skills
* Minimum 2 years experience in the development and oversight of asset and capital expenditure annual budgets
* 3 years multi-facility experience
* Experience or interest in working with older population
* Experience working in customer service environment
* HVAC plumbing or electrical certification(s)
* Multi-family residential maintenance experience
* Understanding of cultural diversity; understanding of aging population
* Mature, friendly, creative and cheerful approach
Belmont Village Senior Living offers full-time employees benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO and 401(k) savings.
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Website : http://www.chomp.org
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, founded in 1934 and located at 23625 Holman Highway in Monterey, has grown and evolved in direct response to the changing healthcare needs of the people it serves. It is a nonprofit healthcare provider with 258 licensed hospital beds and 28 skilled-nursing beds, delivering a continuum of care from birth to end of life, and every stage in between. It serves the Monterey Peninsula and surrounding communities through locations including the main hospital, outpatient facilities, satellite laboratories, a mental health clinic, a short-term skilled nursing facility, Hospice of the Central Coast, and business offices