St. Bernards Medical Center
Houston, TX, United States
Executive, Healthcare, Manager, Nursing
Belmont Village West University is seeking an experienced Director of Nursing to manage a team of licensed nurses and care staff and ensure regulatory compliance. As the Director of Resident Care Services, you will work directly with physicians, residents and their families to develop individualized plans of care through clinical assessments. The ideal candidate will have Director of Nursing experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), Assisted Living or other long term care setting and will enjoy mentoring staff while fostering a positive, customer service oriented team environment. Must be a licensed nurse in the state of TX.:
Belmont Village Senior Living is a certified GREAT PLACE TO WORK® and ranked #15 on FORTUNE’s Top 50 Best Workplaces in Aging Services! Our employees say the reasons why are a positive company culture, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonuses and career growth opportunities. Join our dedicated team to help make Belmont Village West University a Great Place to Work and Live!
#gd #MON IND123
* Management of Residential Services including assessments, medication administration program, supervision of nursing and care staff and licensure compliance.
* Liaison for residents, adult children and staff as it relates to the Resident Care Plan.
* Coordinates, directs and supervises licensed nurses regarding the medication administration and wellness programs.
* Coordinates supervision of the caregivers regarding ADL’s, activities and housekeeping for the residents.
* Coordinates with Executive Director as to appropriate hiring, training, evaluation, orientation, assignments and delegation of duties for the licensed nurses and caregivers.
* Responsible for overall regulatory compliance and quality of medication program.
* Liaisons between physician offices, residents and Belmont Village.
* Liaisons between family, significant others etc., and Belmont Village as it relates to the Resident Care Plan and Wellness issues for the residents.
* Coordinates and maintains the Wellness Center and Wellness Program
* Initiates the initial Resident Care Plan on all new residents in cooperation with the Admission Assessment Team.
* Assists with implementation of the Resident Care Plan to all staff members.
* Works within guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act.
* Performs and supervises minor emergency care and assessments.
* Ensures physician directives and orders are accurately and promptly transcribed and enacted.
* Monitors resident records for accuracy and regulatory compliance at least once per quarter.
* Conducts or participates in the resident admission and quarterly functional assessments.
* Implements established policies and procedures, educating support staff as indicated.
* Maintains a safe work environment.
* Supports and assists the Executive Director in daily staffing coverage as needed.
* On-call for all nursing issues within the community.
* Reports all changes in resident condition that would affect service levels and staffing needs to the Executive Director.
* Holds all licensed nurses and Caregivers accountable to report changes in resident condition and Level of Service needs.
* Minimum two years managerial experience
* Current LVN/LPN License
* Experience with senior population
* Ability to work flexible schedule and be on-call
* 3 yrs progressive management experience
* Skilled Nursing or Assisted Living experience
* Computer literate – Word and Excel
Belmont Village Senior Living offers full-time employees benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO and 401(k) savings.
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.
St. Bernards Medical Center
Website : http://www.stbernards.info/
St. Bernards HeartCare Center is the region's leading provider of heartcare services. Each day our team of cardiologists, heart surgeons, nurses and other healthcare professionals treats patients suffering from all forms of heart disease, from common problems to life-threatening conditions. Our specially-trained staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week seeing patients through diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation. If you were recently diagnosed with heart disease, or you're looking for highly skilled, compassionate heart specialists, you will find the care you need Right Here at St. Bernards.