Philadelphia, PA, United States
Manager, Pr, Marketing, Executive
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
At Comcast, we are passionate about making the customer experience our best product. The TPX (Technology, Product, Xperience) organization acts as the engine for innovation, development and execution and touches nearly every part of the customer's experience with us from developing and delivering our Xfinity products and services, to enabling over 300 million daily customer interactions, to dispatching the field technicians to people's homes and places of business, to measuring customer loyalty and satisfaction. The TPX Communications team supports the senior executives and employees responsible for delivering all of this exciting work by providing business-critical and business-as-usual communications designed to educate, engage and inspire employees and other key stakeholders about the organization's key goals.
We are seeking a Director of Communications, who will join the TPX Communications team and help support our internal communications efforts. This individual will be responsible for helping execute TPX leadership communications and engagement activities related to the strategic and day-to-day business priorities of TPX, particularly those associated with the President, TPX, as well as the TPX Top 200 (top 200 executives within the organization who are VPs and above). The person will also support many of the major communications activities directed at all TPX employees, including TPX Live broadcasts, the development and distribution of the TPX newsletter and other key communications tactics. This person will report to the Vice President, TPX Communications, and will work closely with other members of the TPX Communications team.
- Drafts communications in support of President, TPX, including emails, presentations, speeches, and other tactics designed to reach TPX employees and other key audiences.
- Maintains communications calendar for President, TPX; responding to requests and identifying potential internal speaking/communications opportunities.
- Develops and executes communications plan in support of TPX Top 200, including regular cadence of communications designed to educate, engage and inspire this audience about key business strategies and our progress against them.
- Partners with HR, communications leads and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment across the company and the timely and effective dissemination of messaging and materials to employees.
- Coordinates with appropriate communications counterparts to ensure proper calibration of communications to employees (avoiding collisions, etc.).
- Provides guidance and leadership within teams or projects/initiatives as needed; leads teams and projects that involve cross-functional partners as necessary.
- Manages consultants/contracted resources as needed, including creative agencies, event planning firms, graphic designers, etc.
- Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging; regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies, such as social forums and platforms.
- Ensures proper post-project analysis and continuous improvement approach, with a keen eye for metrics and communications effectiveness.
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; business, communications, or journalism preferred.
- Generally requires 10 years related experience, preferably relevant internal operational communications experience.
- Ability to write quickly and clearly; distilling complex concepts into key messages is critical in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across the organization at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, balancing competing priorities to produce high quality work.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experienced user of MS Word.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Excel, and experience with online content management and publishing systems a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://corporate.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.