Columbus, OH, United States
Clevel, Executive, Finance, 100k
Sep 27, 2021
The Vice President of Data Sciences and Analytics is responsible for driving the analytics and insights underpinning the enterprise's lifetime, segmentation & personalization strategy across all banners within DBI.
This leader will work closely with all business areas of the enterprise to deliver a range of analytics solutions & recommendations that help enable data-driven decision-making by translating advanced data science and analytical insights into actionable strategies that drive measurable, profitable long-term customer behavior.
REPORTS TO:Chief Digital Officer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leverage sophisticated analytics and insights, provide thought-partnership and a deep customer centricity to guide business decisions and provide meaningful, actionable, data-driven opportunities and actions in alignment with business strategy
• Deliver analytical solution methodologies and capabilities to enable insight generation and reporting, such as identification and closure of data gaps, metrics and measurement methodology development, design and prototyping of reporting and data visualization solutions, and ad hoc analytic studies.
• Work with customer- and consumer-centered design team to synthesize insights from quantitative and qualitative data to provide expert guidance on how to enhance customer journeys, engagement, and cross-enterprise loyalty
• Define the data & analytics architecture and processes to support best practices and emerging technologies/trends, including capturing and organizing structured and unstructured data across various sources and analyzing it though in-depth statistical techniques to create best-in-class customer experiences and ingenious customer insights
• Translate technical goals into strategic roadmaps, and align roadmaps to architecture and platforms in collaboration with IT and digital partners; ensure integrated technology supports business needs and consumer engagement goals
• Proactively and innovatively meet challenges and leverage opportunities posed by changing market forces, regulatory environments, consumer needs, and technological advancements
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• A deep passion for data and solving customer pain points through analytics and a demonstrated experience working with very large volumes of data
• Strategic thinker able to build a long-term plan, and combine with pragmatic, tactical execution. The ability to cut through complexity and turn high-level business requirements and opportunities into specific projects
• Excellent ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with analytic and non-analytic business partners, including executive leadership, in order to elicit business needs and formulate solutions
• Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and grow a high-performance team and individuals with highly quantitative and technical roles
• Solid understanding and hands-on experience with a variety of analytic processes, tools, and techniques, including measurement methodologies development, hypothesis testing, statistical significance testing, modeling as well as an understanding of machine learning concepts; ability to understand and adapt emerging analytic tools and solutions into the analytic standard operating procedures
• Experience with consumer segmentation and stratification, personalization of outreach, database marketing, and multivariate and A/B testing concepts and measurement
• Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of common data-related technologies, and data engineering concepts and best-practices
• Demonstrates excellent business judgment and ability to move and evolve with the fast-changing needs of the company
• Strong program leadership skills and the ability to coordinate, organize and prioritize workstreams to drive business results
• Ability to lead through ambiguity and complexity to take calculated risks to solve problems, forge new paths for growth, and achieve challenging goals.
• Demonstrated resilience and resourcefulness when faced with challenges and obstacles.
• Demonstrated strategic business leadership, identifying, quantifying, and pursuing new opportunities.
• Strong executive presence and communication skills: capable of influencing and driving collaboration at all levels within the organization. Proven ability to influence key stakeholders as well as drive meaningful change and innovation.
• 15+ years of progressive experience in the analytics field
• Advanced degree in a quantitative field or relevant experience
Website : http://www.dsw.com