Paola, KS, United States
Executive, Healthcare, Manager, Nursing
North Point Skilled Nursing Center is owned and operated by Americare. We enjoy a great survey history and long staff tenure. We are owned by Americare Systems, Inc., a leading provider in LTC that is well known for it’s dedication to providing a person centered care environment for the people we serve. Americare is a highly successful company because we specialize in smaller facilities which allows us to really cater to our residents needs and provide high end customer service, utilizing our Home Town Hospitality program. We place such a high value on our residents and staff, you will feel the “Americare Experience the minute you walk in the door. Feel free to check us out at www.americareusa.net.
We have a very generous compensation package that includes; company paid health insurance, paid vacation, 401k, substantial bonus potential
For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America’s heartland. We pride ourselves on being resident focused, encouraging employees to make smart, responsible decisions that are in the best interest of individual residents.
Why belong with our Americare team?:
Every employee company-wide is a valued part of the organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating a person-centered home environment for each resident - truly making a difference in the lives they touch.
Each individual facility is a vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident benefits from industry leading care, our employees are offered competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered prescription drug benefits, and a large network of doctors and hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your health.
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their health and well-being journey. We offer tools and resources such as Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.
Paid Time Off:
The flexibility of Paid Time Off (PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.
We encourage you to continue your professional development. Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved courses.
Our Director of Nursing administers the nursing program within Americare skilled or assisted living facilities to maintain quality standards of residential care and advises medical staff, department heads and administrators in matters relating to nursing service. Recommends establishment or revision of policies and develops organizational structure and standards of performance. Interprets policies and objectives of nursing service to staff and community groups. Promotes working relationships with community agencies and with other establishment departments. Assists in preparation of departmental budget. Establishes personnel qualification requirements, drafts procedure manuals, initiates in-service programs, installs record and reporting systems and performs other personnel management tasks. Initiates studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing sevice in relation to their objectives and costs.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing
* Current state nursing license
* Maintains current state registration and ongoing education
* Responsible for all nursing service and its administration and clinical supervision.
* Responsible for the implementation of nursing objectives, standards of nursing care, nursing policy and procedure manual, and reviews and revises such as necessary and at least annually.
* Interprets all nursing policies and procedures to nursing personnel. Determines that nursing care standards and nursing policies and procedures are being followed according to written guidelines.
* Supervises and gives clinical guidance to nurses and other nursing staff (PCA, C.N.A., CMT, etc) as necessary.
* Makes rounds to assess resident and staffing needs and visits residents each work day.
* Works under the direction of facility administrator to assure that all nursing personnel complete the required orientation and attend the necessary in-service training, and that appropriate documentation is maintained.
* Responsible for nursing assessment monthly or as on needed basis, documenting assessments, notifying physicians and families in change of condition, obtaining appropriate orders and implementing order. Responsible for supervising personal hygiene of residents.
* Responsible for seeing that all the necessary written documents such as Admission Nursing Assessments, Nursing Notes, Over-All-Care Plans and other required information is kept current in the resident record system.
* Responsible for assisting administrator in keeping facility standards up to state and federal and ASI requirements and assisting with any and all inspections. Team member in planning, evaluating and providing safe home like environment and quality of life for residents.
* Responsible for determining that the medication systems meets the needs of the resident, is an effective type administration system and is set up according to State regulations and pharmaceutical guidelines.
* Keeps administrator informed of significant changes in residents’ condition, transfer of residents to the hospital, expirations or any pertinent information regarding the residents and/or employees.
* Assists in determining the type of residents to be admitted to the facility using established nursing care criteria as a guideline. Makes decisions as to placement of residents and transfer to other rooms as necessary.
* Communicates with Administrator schedules and conducts nursing staff meetings and maintenance of such records.
* Determines that incident reports are made out as necessary or as indicated and reviews such on a routine basis.
* Assesses supply and equipment needs for nursing department and sees that adequate stocks are maintained.
* Is available for call when needed by the staff members on duty in matters pertaining to nursing care.
* Performs any other duties as may be necessary as specified by the administrator of the facility.
Americare Senior Living is a drug-free workplace
Website : http://www.hunterdonhealthcare.org
In 1946, Hunterdon was the only county in the state of New Jersey without a hospital. Rose Angell, who was the County’s welfare director, decided that this was unacceptable, and with the help of Louise Leicester, a public relations specialist, she approached the Hunterdon County Board of Agriculture with a plea to build our county a hospital. Residents of Hunterdon county banded together to raise the funds to create their community hospital. In 1953,HunterdonMedicalCenter opened its doors and drew national attention for focusing on wellness and primary care.