HCA Holdings, Inc
Richmond, VA, United States
Healthcare, Executive, Manager, Nursing
The surgical services director has 24-hour accountability and responsibility for the Operating Room, Pre-Op/Post Anesthesia Care Unit, & Central Processing Department. Responsibilities include: fiscal management, policy development, interpretation and implementation; management of human, material, and environmental services; integration and coordination of interdepartmental activities; & liaison between Anesthesia Department and the Ambulatory Surgery Center.
Ability to serve the following patient population: infants, pediatrics, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. Must demonstrate the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of patient needs, having knowledge of normal growth and development and having an understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients.
Challenges for the Director of Ambulatory Surgery include:
1. Manages the fiscal and clinical operations of assigned area(s) of responsibility and recommends sufficient number of qualified competent persons to provide care. Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
2. Integrates department services with the hospitals primary function maintaining communication with medical and nursing staffs, Administration, patients and their families/significant other. Coordinates and integrates services within departments.
3. Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support provision of services. Supervises all departmental staff and assures staff competency.
4. Conducts ongoing assessment and improvement of the department’s performance. Promotes the Quality Management program of the facility maintaining appropriate quality control programs (where applicable).
5. Develops, markets, implements, and evaluates new services and programs recommending space and resources needed. Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
6. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
7. Develops goals and objectives for assigned area(s) of responsibility and participates in development of goals and objectives for the Nursing Department.
8. Provides for orientation, in-service training, and continuing education for persons in the department.
Required - 1 years of experience in healthcare and 1 years of experience in a leadership role
Preferred - 3 years of experience in healthcare and 3 years of experience in a leadership role
Required - Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other approved education plan
Preferred - Master’s degree
Required - Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice, in accordance with law and regulation.
Preferred - National Nursing Certification in Specialty or Nursing Leadership
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director of Ambulatory Surgery and Central Sterile
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Requisition ID: 00448-44969
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.