Upson Regional Medical Center
Warner Robins, GA, United States
Executive, Healthcare, Manager, Nursing, Operations
Homestead Hospice is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity:
The Director of Nursing establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy. The DON directs the staff and operation of nursing department; manages nursing activities; assists with formulation of program goals and objectives; develops and reviews related policy; interprets and administers pertinent laws; evaluates staff; prepares nursing budget; maintains contact with individuals who might impact program activities; makes rounds to determine quality of nursing care; assures optimal quality of care is provided in a safe environment; intervenes in crisis situations and investigates all unusual incidents; protects human and civil rights of patients and/or clients and staff; compiles data and prepares periodic nursing reports.
* Graduate of approved school of nursing with current license; BSN preferred.
* Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the field; Hospice experience preferred.
* Familiarity with a variety of the clinical concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Microsoft, email, and clinical data base experience required.
* Ability to exchange routine information in an appropriate manner.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Responsible for the day-to-day operations, activities, and successes of the patient care staff, as governed by policy, regulation, and law.
* Develops and maintains a nursing service philosophy and related rules, standards, and practices; establishes systems for care planning, including assessments, plans of treatment, objectives and goals, evaluations, and discharge planning.
* Adheres to budget and staffing guidelines; recruits, hires, and manages nursing staff.
* Ensures compliance with laws and rules related to care, certification, and licensing; professionally represents Homestead Hospice to residents, residents’ families, outside agencies, care providers, and the public.
* Maintains liaison role with all levels of administration, physicians and outside organizations to coordinate clinic business, accomplish directives, and to facilitate the resolution of problems.
* Administers operating policies and procedures; conducts meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices; implements new policies and keeps employees abreast of current changes and standards.
* Directs and coordinates various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
* Provides oversight and directions in establishing and maintaining a system for developing, reviewing, approving and disseminating standards of clinical practice.
* Assists in reviewing and making recommendations on policy issues regarding clinical practice with appropriate discipline within the organization.
* Assures effective communication and coordination of clinical practice initiatives among the various councils of the nursing infrastructure and other hospital medical staff committees, councils, and work groups.
* Provides oversight and direction to the clinical service units and provides oversight and evaluation to clinical practice measurement and outcomes for nursing.
* Oversees the Quality Assurance Program.
* Provides assistance with other projects as delegated by the Administrator.
* Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Upson Regional Medical Center
Website : http://www.urmc.org