Saint Cloud, FL, United States
Executive, Healthcare, Manager, Nursing
The Assistant Director of Nursing will be required to have an open availability to cover desk/floor nurse duties if situations should come up such as call outs, vacations, or any other circumstances.
Purpose of Your Job Position:
The Assistant Director of Nursing with Administrative Duties assists in managing the department of nursing. The position conducts the nursing process – assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation – under the scope of the State’s Nurse Practice Act of Registered Nurse licensure. The position coordinates resource utilization, timely and appropriate care interventions, and interdisciplinary communication to enhance resident and family satisfaction, adherence to center’s clinical systems and regulatory compliance for the center. The ADON with Administrative Duties is responsible for collecting, trending, analyzing and reporting data and manages the nursing department in the absence of the DON.
* General Responsibilities
* Residents Rights
* Staff Development
* Quality Process
* Leadership Fundamentals
* Clinical Systems
* Coordinates nursing care with other healthcare disciplines and assists in integrating services across the continuum of healthcare.
* Promotes nursing process and critical thinking in nursing care delivery.
* Ensures residents’ rights, safety, and choices are safeguarded.
* Ensure resident have needed supplies and equipment to properly manage care.
* Participates in clinical risk identification, strategy planning, and risk reduction.
* Makes daily rounds and spot checks documentation accuracy and completeness on new admissions, residents with change in condition, residents triggering occurrence investigations, and residents to be discharged.
* Visits each newly admitted resident as soon as possible upon arrival, validating accuracy of essentials audit and implementation of risk reducing measures.
* Oversees and evaluates systems to plan, promote, develop, assess, interpret, validate and evaluate the implementation of clinical programs, policies, procedures and forms.
* Oversees and evaluates systems for resident and staff data collection, information systems, and processes to support the practice of nursing and care delivery.
* Oversees and evaluates systems for discharge planning and communication to be released with resident.
* Facilitates and participates in occurrence investigation ensuring timely and accurate reporting to nursing administration.
* Ensures infection control standards and biohazard waste procedures
are met by collecting, trending and reporting data.
* Personnel Development
* Resource Utilization
* Fiscal Management
* Supervisory/People Management Responsibilities
* Administrative Responsibilities
* Special Activities/Attributes
Currently licensed as RN preferred, or LPN in this state; Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred. Must have and maintain CPR certification.
Two years’ experience as a RN with 1 year nursing supervisory experience preferred. 5 years’ experience as LPN with 2 years supervisory experience.
Website : http://www.midhosp.org