New York City, NY, United States
Hospitality, Manager, Executive
May 31, 2023
Be a part of history as Waldorf Astoria New York makes its return as the hallmark of effortless elegant and unforgettable experiences. Faithfully restored, synthesizing the glamour of the past with the cutting edge of what is possible now, this iconic hotel is seeking a Director of Catering to join its rich legacy.
As Director of Catering with Waldorf Astoria New York , you will provide continuous leadership in creating and delivering an exceptional team member experience and best place to work.
What will I be doing?
The Director of Catering will be directly responsible for contributing to the achievement of superior business results in the areas of ensuring outstanding guest service, team member engagement, favorable financial outcomes, strategic leadership and talent development, culture, innovation, and event operations.
Specifically, your essential functions will be to perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Successfully, innovatively, and timely implement Commercial strategic initiatives and monitor for best-in-class results
• Drive innovation and creativity within event delivery
• Partner with the General Manager/Executive Committee to deliver on Hilton’s values by creating high-impact event experiences
• Ensure that high quality service standards are maintained through continuous reviews of processes and procedures
• Provide owner relations guidance in key areas of Events expertise, as needed (Banquet Capital Expenditures, Staffing Models)
• Actively support the sales process.
• Provide overall leadership and direction in all Events matters.
• Serve as the hotel’s credible Subject Matter Expert on all matters relating to event experience
• Serve as a highly visible, participatory leader who proactively and consistently engages with their General Manager/Executive Committee, Sales, Catering and Events team members, external guests, and suppliers
• Remain current on event trends to evaluate innovative ways for process/practice improvements and shares best practices
• Participate or represent Hilton in industry social/meeting/events professional associations
• Inspire high-performing multi-cultural, multi-generational teams that build Hilton’s Catering talent pipeline
• Integrate Hilton’s Values/Mission/Purpose when implementing Catering initiatives and support Team Member-centric and guest-centric programs
• Lead with Hilton culture engaging with Team Members through direct and meaningful interactions
• Be an ambassador for customer service.
• Motivate and provide a work environment in which team members are productive
• Ensure all Catering manager roles have career development plans in place that are actively supported by leadership and profiles are current for succession planning
• Listen and respond to team members needs while having an open-door policy
• Manage group and interpersonal conflict effectively
• Ensure the proper use of all function space, exhibit hall, and event spaces
• Manage supplier and vendor relationships
• Possess subject matter expertise and ensure standards/practices
• Development and management of departmental budgets
• Responsible for the overseeing short, medium, and long-term forecasting and actual cost reporting for events
• Ensure proper staffing for the needs of the business
• Integrate current trends in event management and design
• Participate in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary
What are we looking for?
• Minimum Years of Experience: five (5) years Hospitality related experience at manager level.
• Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience in hotel management.
• Other requirements: Travel percentage: 10%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Knowledge of the hotel property management systems (Delphi.fdc)
• Significant experience in revenue management or a similar analytical role
• Relevant degree, in business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution (CMP, CPCE)
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The annual salary range for this role is $200-220K and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location.
Job: Catering and Event Services
Title: Director of Catering - Waldorf Astoria New York
Requisition ID: HOT09J5A
Website : http://www.hiltonworldwide.com